E-learning Developer (1 FTE / 38 hours)
IHE Delft – the largest international graduate water education facility in the world, based in Delft, the Netherlands – is looking for a E-learning Developer.
The e-learning Developer is part of the pedagogical and the e-learning team within the Education Bureau and is one of the members of the e-learning Support Team that consists of EB and IT staff members. Day-to-day supervision is provided by the e-Learning Team Coordinator.
The main tasks are to:
- guide and assist (teams of) teachers in the design and production of e-learning courses (online, F2F, blended and open courses)
- manage a large fund to stimulate e-learning at IHE Delft and at partners institutions. The first task entails among others the coordination of the product development process, advise in the use of appropriate methods and tools to ensure effective e-learning, facilitation of the application of these tools, and mobilization of support from colleagues where appropriate. The second task is about promoting innovation, identifying project opportunities that support the institute’s educational strategy, and helping colleagues and international partners to timely and cost-effectively deliver e-learning products.
The candidate has extensive experience in e-learning education and project management, is a dynamic team worker and is output-oriented. The candidate develops tutorials and templates, and helps out individual staff members who either need inspiration to achieve their teaching goals or face problems in using the VLE.
- Manage e-learning development funds and projects with tight deadlines;
- Guide and assist (teams of) teachers in the production of (e-learning) courses;
- Provide training to staff members and international partners in the design and production of online and blended courses;
- Contribute to capacity development projects by advising / training international partners of IHE Delft in e-learning;
- Pro-actively explore the availability of new concepts and tools to further enhance e-learning at IHE Delft;
- Perform administrative tasks on the VLE and co-operate a help desk for VLE users;
- All other common activities within the PMU.
- Professional Degree (Master) in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, general Education with a specialization/minor in digital learning or related study;
- Preferably 3 years of working experience in the development of online education in a higher education environment;
- At least 2 years of experience in project management, preferably related to e-learning;
- Aware of the latest e-learning didactical and technological developments and tools;
- Experience with using ICT in education, such as digital assessment, e-moderating, online teaching methods and platforms (experience with Moodle is an asset);
- Problem-solving and creative thinker, who quickly assesses needs and independently explores ways to address them;
- Team player, able to motivate and mobilise staff;
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency of English.
Terms of employment
The employment contract is for 1 fte/ 38 hours.
Scale 9/10 Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU). This position is still in the grading process.
IHE Delft offers an attractive, multiple choice employee benefits scheme, year-end bonus and generous pension scheme. The appointment implies entry into the Netherlands' Civil Service Pension Fund (ABP). We also offer 31 days’ leave based on a 38 hours working week.
In principle, the selected candidate will be appointed for an initial fixed-term employment contract of one year with the possibility of a further fixed term contract for up to one year thereafter. The above mentioned contract duration may differ in case of internal staff in comparison to external candidates.
Information and application
Additional information can be obtained from Mr. Erwin Ploeger, Head of the Education Bureau,
(+31 15 215 1758 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants are asked to submit their CV and motivation letter by 13-03-2020 (closing date) to IHE Delft, attn. Human Resource Management (Email: email@example.com), stating vacancy-number 20-EB-02.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
About IHE Delft
IHE Delft is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, the Netherlands. The mission of IHE Delft is to work in partnership to strengthen capacity in the water sector, to achieve global sustainable development. IHE Delft has a permanent staff of 200 of which more than 100 are academics from all over the world, while about 250 guest lecturers from academia and industry contribute to our educational programmes. Each year 750 professionals (including about 200 new MSc students per year) from all over the world attend various water-related courses at IHE Delft. The Institute has an international staff & student community with English as the working language. The Education Bureau (EB) develops and facilitates the implementation of education-related policies, stimulates and supports innovation in education, and develops and maintains quality-assurance processes and systems. It assists students and staff in accessing scientific resources and organizes English and academic skills training as well as advanced didactical training. It functionally manages the virtual learning environment and supports its use for face-to-face and online education. The Education Bureau also administers all educational offerings and is responsible for scheduling, logistic planning, marks administration, issuing diplomas and organizing academic ceremonies. All these activities are geared to establishing a better quality and more innovative education program, managed in a consistent and transparent manner.