Junior eLearning Developer (1 FTE / 38 hours)
IHE Delft – the largest international graduate water education facility in the world, based in Delft, the Netherlands – is looking for a Junior eLearning Developer.
The Junior eLearning Developer is part of the pedagogical/eLearning team of the Education Bureau and is one of the members of the eLearning Support Team that consists of EB and IT staff members. Day-to-day supervision is provided by the Senior eLearning Advisor. The main tasks are to guide and assist (teams of) teachers in the production of eLearning courses and to perform administrative Moodle-related tasks to facilitate teachers in the use of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The first task entails among others the coordination of the product development process, advise in the use of appropriate methods and tools to ensure effective eLearning, facilitation of the application of these tools, and mobilization of support from colleagues where appropriate. The second task is to functionally prepare and manage the VLE platform such that teachers can focus on content.
The candidate has extensive experience in the use of VLE tools, identifies and tests promising new functionalities, and promotes innovation in education by demonstrating relevant new applications to IHE Delft's Teaching eLearning Community.
The Junior eLearning Developer also develops tutorials and templates, and helps out individual staff members who either face problems in using the VLE or need inspiration to achieve their teaching goals.
- Guide and assist (teams of) teachers in the production of (eLearning) courses using modern, digital techniques;
- Prepare training materials and contribute to training staff members in the design and production of online and blended courses;
- Pro-actively explore the availability of- and test new concepts and tools to further enhance eLearning at IHE Delft;
- Perform administrative tasks on the VLE platform to ensure it supports educational management and teaching functions;
- Promote innovation in eLearning through demonstration and training of new functionalities;
- Operate a help desk for VLE users;
- All other common activities within the PMU.
- Professional Degree (HBO) in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, general Education with a specialization/minor in digital learning or related study;
- Preferably 1 year of working experience in the development of online education in a higher education environment;
- Experience with using ICT in education, such as digital assessment, e-moderating, online teaching methods and platforms;
- Problem-solving and creative thinker, who quickly assesses needs and independently explores ways to address them;
- Team player with project management skills, able to motivate and mobilise staff;
- Aware of technological and didactical developments in e-learning and associated tools; Experience with Moodle is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency of English
Terms of employment
The employment contract is for 1 fte.
Scale 8 Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU).
IHE Delft offers an attractive, multiple choice employee benefits scheme, year-end bonus and generous pension scheme. The appointment implies entry into the Netherlands' Civil Service Pension Fund (ABP).
We also offer 31 days’ leave based on a 38 hours working week.
In principle, the selected candidate will be appointed for an initial fixed-term employment contract of one year with the possibility of a further fixed term contract for up to one year thereafter. The above mentioned contract duration may differ in case of internal staff in comparison to external candidates.
Information and application
Additional information can be obtained from Mr. Erwin Ploeger, Head of the Education Bureau, (+31 15 215 1758 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants are asked to submit their CV and motivation letter by June 14 2019 (closing date) to IHE Delft, attn. Human Resource Management (Email: email@example.com), stating vacancy-number 19-EB-02.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.
About IHE Delft
IHE Delft is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, the Netherlands. The mission of IHE Delft is to work in partnership to strengthen capacity in the water sector, to achieve global sustainable development. IHE Delft has a permanent staff of 200 of which more than 100 are academics from all over the world, while about 250 guest lecturers from academia and industry contribute to our educational programmes. Each year 750 professionals (including about 200 new MSc students per year) from all over the world attend various water-related courses at IHE Delft. The Institute has an international staff & student community with English as the working language. The Education Bureau (EB) develops and facilitates the implementation of education-related policies, stimulates and supports innovation in education, and develops and maintains quality-assurance processes and systems. It assists students and staff in accessing scientific resources and organizes English and academic skills training as well as advanced didactical training. It functionally manages the virtual learning environment and supports its use for face-to-face and online education. The Education Bureau also administers all educational offerings and is responsible for scheduling, logistic planning, marks administration, issuing diplomas and organizing academic ceremonies. All these activities are geared to establishing a better quality and more innovative education program, managed in a consistent and transparent manner.