E-Learning and digital content developer (curriculum)
Title: E-Learning and digital content developer (curriculum)
Location: Mainly Home based/Regular meetings at Aflatoun Int. Office in Amsterdam
Type of Contract: Consultant contract
Duration: April – July 2018 (60 days)
Please indicate the expected daily rate/ lump sum fee in your application.
Application without proposed fee may not be considered.
Aflatoun International is a non-governmental organization focusing on educating children about their rights and responsibilities and managing natural and financial resources through social and financial education. Children are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities, with the aim of ultimately leading them to breaking the cycle of poverty in which many find themselves. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Aflatoun programme is currently implemented in 109 countries and reaches 4.5 million children per year.
Through Aflatoun programmes children are inspired to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities. Aflatoun employs the social franchise model whereby partners have ownership of the programme. The secretariat develops curricula in collaboration with its partners and provides them with technical assistance, network support, advocacy and training materials to implement the Aflatoun methodology.
Increasingly, digital interventions are being proposed or integrated into projects and programmes and the organization is being approached to provide content for other digital learning initiatives. We are looking to build out learning objects based on our existing learning materials that might be usable across a range of e learning and digital learning approaches. Our final goal is to create a content repository that would allow our digital partners to easily and quickly adapt our learning material for their platforms.
We are now looking for an experienced e-Learning and digital content consultant to help support the Aflatoun team in developing the capacity to develop high quality learning material that is suitable across these different systems.
This consultancy will be complimented by another project to develop a landscape of existing content authoring approaches and standards.
The e-Learning and digital content developer is responsible for helping to develop our content development approach and build team capacity to authoring appropriate and flexible digital content that can be used across different systems.
This consultancy will help ensure that the curriculum team has the capacity to translate its existing content using different authoring tools for learning objects framework.
We hope that the resulting content will be organized in a manner that content can be interoperable, reusable, accessible and manageable across different e-Learning systems.
We expect the consultant to work within and seek to improve a defined set of content standards and technological approaches that will be developed prior to the start of this consultancy. This process will help refine how content is developed and is provided to different e-Learning and digital learning platforms.
The Digital Learning consultant will work to:
- Support in structuring content in a manner that can be used by different e-Learning systems
- Provide training to the curriculum development team on translating content for online use with students and classroom settings
- Develop a process for translating content into learning blocks including how content is organized, named and tagged
- Create initial material based on these requirements
- Develop test material aligned to the content requirements and formats for these different systems
- Support in the development of the content strategy that would allow the material to be usable across different digital learning interventions
Requirements and Experience
- Knowledge of emerging and current technologies used for technology enabled instruction, including tablets, apps, and e-Learning platforms
- 10 years in working with different educational technology approaches
- Experience in designing technologically enable e-Learning, blended learning or educational apps
- Knowledge of curriculum and content development processes for digital learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required. Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, French, Arabic, Spanish, German or Russian is an advantage
The consultant will report directly to the Director, Innovations & Partnerships while on technical aspects of the assignment, the consultant will liaise and work closely with the Digital Learning Manager.
Conditions of Consultancy:
We expect that this project would take approximately 60 working days.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com at the latest by the 15 April, 2018.